Keeping your colon healthy is extremely important, as it’s that part of the human body which has a very important role from a health perspective. The colon is also known as the large intestine, it’s a part of the digestive system and it has multiple roles. You can see it as a tube-like structure which is curled in the abdominal cavity. The colon usually tends to be around 5-6 feet long and while at one end it connects to the small intestine, at the opposite side it’s connected to the rectum.
How does the colon work?
Once you eat, some involuntary muscle constructions happen, and these are named peristalsis. They are moving the food in the digestive system, and your body is absorbing the nutrients and any calories. This is all happening in the small intestine, then the leftover, waste material is all sent to the colon. The role of our colon is to balance the pH and electrolytes, while also removing water from the stool.
It’s the colon bacteria that helps the entire digestive process. As the peristalsis pushes the stool towards your rectum, it’s important to note that it can take quite a lot of time for the digestive process to complete. So what you’re eating right now will be processed in around 36 hours, that’s when the stool reaches your rectum from the food you just ate.
The important thing to keep in mind is that the colon bacteria has multiple functions, like synthesizing vitamins, keeping the right pH, while also processing the remaining food articles and protecting the body from a variety of bad microorganisms.
Why is the colon important?
It’s imperative to keep your colon healthy if you want to retain a good healthy and a proper digestive system. When the colon is not functioning the way it should, then the stool can be hard and that leads to constipation. This makes you bloated and uncomfortable. It’s what leads to hemorrhoids and anal fissures. Of course, if water is not absorbed by the colon, you end up with diarrhea. This leads to electrolyte losses. It usually brings irregular heartbeats, muscle weakness and dehydration, among many others.
How can you protect your colon?
- Take colon medication. Our premium potency Colon Formula contains all the compounds you need to keep your colon healthy. You get to balance your colon’s health with the use of herbs, and it does work very nicely.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. It has a negative impact on your colon, to the point where it can lead to colorectal cancer. Smoking is also problematic, since it can lead to cancer too.
- Lose weight if you are overweight. Most people that have weight problem are at risk of colon cancer.
- Exercise often. Yes, you need to work out often if you want to stay away from colon issues, since you get to boost your health and also remove the extra weight.
- Change your diet to a healthier one. Eating whole grains, fruits and veggies will help you lower the risk of cancer. Eat less processed meats, red meat and you will be healthier in the long run.
We recommend you to use these tips if you want to eliminate health concerns and stay healthy. Keeping your colon healthy should always be a priority, and these ideas will help a lot. Apply them right away, and you will be incredibly happy with the results!